This blog describes Manny Gorman's successful round of all 219 Corbetts in 70 days, in one continuous journey by running, cycling and sailing.

Manny's 70 Day Schedule

The Corbetts are Scottish hills between 2,500 and 3,000ft, with at least 500ft ascent on all sides.

"You're an idiot, but a truly inspirational one!" (Stuart Simpson)

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Day 53 - Knoydart to Kinloch Hourn

Another 3 hills done - Beinn na Caillich, Sgurr Coire Choinnichean & Sgurr nan Eugallt. Another stunning day. I set off from Kingussie around midday to give enough time to drive down to Kinloch Hourn. It was a nice drive around to meet Manny, although I was not at the exact location..... I had stopped about a mile too early, I had thought I was in the right spot, so as you can guess I was not too popular when he came off the hill..... I think he had visions that I had gone off the road or pranged the van, but once I served him with steak pie & beer it was fine and he came out of his strop. Ken & Claire from Lochaber met with Davy in Fort William to hand over the bike and his belongings before they headed up to meet me at Kinloch Hourn. Thanks to Davy, Ken & Claire for helping out over the last couple of days. It was a very windy night and he was not looking forward to another long day.

2 comments:

Johnston said...

Good stuff, keep it going! I should be up on Saturday with extra food supplies and some more company.

Chris said...

I hope the last few days have gone OK, despite the return to wetter windier weather. I am hoping to join you for the final furlong after the Arrochar Alps race.